We are hiring!
Max Health Institute & Physiotherapy Fredericton is in search of a dedicated permanent full-time administrative assistant to join our vibrant team. Our administrative staff currently services our two Fredericton clinic locations at 550 Prospect Street and the Currie Center on the UNB Fredericton Campus.
What we do.
Max Health Fredericton is home to a multi-disciplinary team of healthcare professionals including Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Massage Therapists, Athletic Therapists, an Occupational Therapist, and an Osteopath.
Our team of diverse clinicians are focused on empowering our clients through an advanced multi-disciplinary approach to injury and rehabilitation. Through education and exercise prescription, our clients are encouraged to be active participants in their treatment plans. Our goal is to help our clients on their journey to achieving and maintaining optimal health while living a pain-free life.
Are you the right candidate for this position?
As the first point of contact for clients, your primary goal as an administrative assistant is to create a friendly, discrete, empathetic, and welcoming atmosphere, and to provide superior customer service.
Your positivity brightens the clinic, and you’re helpful and organized. You take initiative when you see the opportunity to lend a hand or grow your skills, and you actively seek ways to improve the role or make processes more efficient. You also have strong communication skills – you’re well-spoken and thoughtful when communicating with clients and the rest of the Max Health team, and your writing is clear and articulate.
On a practical level, you will:
- answer and respond to incoming calls in a timely and professional manner
- work effectively in an environment that requires multi-tasking
- keep organized to provide a productive working environment
- greet and assist all patients while going above and beyond to ensure their comfort and satisfaction
- provide a variety of support services to various areas of the clinic and to our clinicians
- ensure the schedules run efficiently and maintain waitlists
- process insurance claims and billing of patient appointments
- ensure all electronic accounts and files are kept current
- ensure all areas of the clinic are kept neat and orderly
- wash, dry, and fold clinic linens as required
- follow the Max Health COVID-19 Operational Plan
You’ll be successful in this role if you are a natural-born organizer; someone who loves to bring order to any situation, and to improve systems and processes. If you’re someone who cares about your work, your team, the business, and most importantly, the health of the clients, you’re bound to be successful in this role.
The position of Administrative Assistant is a full-time permanent position with 36-40 hours per week. This is NOT a summer student position. Hourly wage is negotiable based on experience. Health Benefits are available with this position.
You’ll never have to work weekends or statutory holidays. This position will require you to work two evenings per week until approximately 8:30pm. Currently, both clinics are closed on Fridays at 3pm.
The successful candidate joining our team must be dedicated and passionate about the field of Healthcare – someone who will grow with Max Health and who can envision themselves working with us for a long time to come. We’re investing in our future, and if this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
- Completion of a post-secondary education program, or completion of high school with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a medical or extended healthcare clinic environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possess exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with technology, and ability to learn new software quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with JaneApp
- Knowledge of the human anatomy
- Experience processing extended health insurance claims
- Experience working in a medical or extended healthcare clinic setting
- Bilingual (English/French)